Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ken went walking today!



Wow!!! this has been an exciting day!  Ken went in for his 2nd socket fitting today.  At todays visit he had to walk 2-3 steps so they could make sure the socket did not rub anywhere.  Well, he walked to the end of the parallel bars and back, sat down to rest, then got up again and did it again.  They had hoped for 2-3 steps and Ken did about 20!  OMG!!!!  Toooooo exciting.  He just makes me prouder every day.  He is working so hard and it shows.  I took pictures but I tried to take a video of his walking with the digital camera, but guess I did it wrong or else I would send you the video.  If I can figure out how to get it from camera to computer and then see if it is indeed a video I will post it for everyone to see.  But hope you enjoy the "stills"  anyway.  Most of the weight was borne by his arms but still....he was walking.  They were gonna send off the socket today and when it comes back it will be his "new leg".  It should be in around the 1st-2nd week of Nov.  Ken started his out patient therapy yesterday.  It wore him out.  Took us almost 40 minutes to get him into the van.  He was just to weak to push himself up and the van was parked on a slight decline so that made it even harder.  Finally we just said to heck with it and he slid into the back of the van and sat on the floor for the drive home.  Once we got home he laid down and slept for almost 3 hrs. until I woke him up for dinner.  He was so pooped!   I finally finished all of the halloween projects and got everything delivered yesterday and today.  Now I am working on party favor boxes for Kitty's 11th birthday party.  She is having only girls so the boxes are very pink (her favorite color) and oh so verrrrrrry glittery.  Everything in the living room is sparkly since I sat in there last nite while I cut out the boxes.  Will post pics of them as soon I get them finished.   Give a big hug to those you love,   Ken and Glynda

No comments:

Post a Comment