Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ken's New Leg

We went yesterday - Monday - and Ken was fitted for his new leg.  It will take some getting use to for him.  He was told to wear it for an hour or 2 every day to start  and work up in time wearing it.  We go back to the prothesis company on the 19th to see if any tweeking needs to be done.  I think there will be some.  There are a couple of spots that bother Ken and he feels like it is slightly higher than  the other leg.  Right now I am worried about a spot on his incision.  He has healed beautifully, but a spot has arisen on the incision site.  Originally I thought that the spot was where a piece of suture was working through but not sure.  We go to the Dr's on Thurs. to have it checked out.  I took pictures of him yesterday giving the leg a test run, but since I cant get my computer to turn on and I am posting this from Ken's computer I don't have access to my pictures.  It is looking like I may have to call in the Geek Squad to look at the computer....I have been out in the shop - its startin' to look like Christmas out there...not sure if its the paper all over the floor or the glitter that I have E V E R Y W H E R E!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And I do mean everywhere.  I have been making Christmas tree ornaments and the are so glittery.  And so pretty.  For the crafters out there - go to your craft store (mine was Hobby Lobby) and buy a bottle of Beacon's Glitter It Adhesive.  It is a clear glue.  I pour it into a clear glass ornament, swirl it around gently drain out the access, and then pour in my fine glitter, give it a good shake and WOW - a beautiful glass ornament.  I just finished a dozen today.  Hit Hobby Lobby yesterday - got 12 glass ornaments for 2.99 (they were 5.99 and I got them for 1/2 off).  This is a great project for kids (with adult supervision) or for adults who just want to have fun.  I will post pics when I can get my computer to work.  Love to all.  Ken and Glynda  :)

1 comment:

  1. Good jon Ken and good luck with the new leg!
    I think I am going to stop and hobby lobby and get some ornaments, maybe Gabi can make it for her teacher and friends. Do you have a site where you got the idea?
    What wrong with the puter (as Gabi calls it)? JOrdan is home tomorrow, he is willing to take a look if you want to venture out of the house tomorrow :)
    Love, Deb

    ReplyDelete