Saturday, March 17, 2012

Howdy - I'm back

Hi everyone.  I am finally back to my blog.  Since we moved in the week of Christmas life has been crazy.  I had to get a new laptop which I am oh so trying to learn.....as of yet I cant load pictures into the computer so this blog today will have no pics.  It took us a bit longer to get into the house so we ended up staying 3 weeks in the hotel instead of 10 days.  We got settled in and then the end of December Ken got sick and he had to go into the hospital for a week but he came home and all is fine now.  We have been continually blessed in this move.  One of my big concerns was finding doctors here but the Lord opened doors and we have found a wonderful internist and with Ken's hospitalization we have been hooked up with a great urologist and cardiologist.  Our family doctor has Ken in physical therapy right now 2 days a week.  His upper body is getting stronger and they have him up on his walker going about 20 feet.  He comes home Tues/Thurs really tired but its the good kinda tired.  I still have unpacking to do but took a break from it so now I must get back to it and get serious about finishing it.  We have had some wonderful rain here so our pond is filling up.  When we  bought the house the pond was bone dry but now it is about half full and oh so full of tadpoles.  We will be having a bumper crop of frogs this year!  This week has been spring break.  Kitty and Lily were here for the week.  We loved having them here.  They had a chance to get "to know" the house as Kitty says and spend time playing in the tree house and pond.  They caught lots of tadpoles but then released them "back into the wild". We visited a large cat reserve here in Tyler.  They have 42 big cats - tigers, lions, bobcats, leopards etc.  We have 3 large trees that we aren't sure about.  With the drought last year these 3 may not make it.  So far they have not budded out.  One in the front and 2 in the back but the backporch.  My friend Tina from Colo. came to visit us in Feb. and then my friend Judy has been in from Calif. since Jan. so I've had a chance to visit with old friends.  I've not had a chance to do a lot of stamping or crafting.  I did make 75 valentine treats for the girls for school.  Hoping to get in soon and do Easter cards.  I have now found my sewing machine so I can start making new cushions for outside furniture and some pillows for sofa.  I stepped way out of my comfort zone in colors for our new house.  Love the new blue hues.  The house seems to be so very calming now.   Well, guess I should close for now and get our dinner cooked.  Time to be the "domestic goddess".  Love to all our friends and family.  We miss you all.  But we are enjoying our new adventure.  The welcome mat is out for everyone to come and see us.  The Moon B and B is open and ready for business.

No comments:

Post a Comment