Friday, August 19, 2011

Summer's winding down!!!!

Sunday I was out on the porch feeling down....just lots on my mind when I looked up and saw this beautiful rainbow....boy, does God know how to let us know he is there and is there to help us with our burdens - all we have to do is be willing to stop, look, listen and open our hearts.  Lord, thank you for the reminder.

For all of you who swear we don't have cats .... Tues. nite Lucy had stollen the straw out of Lily's drink and was playing with it.  So Lily got on the floor and she and Lucy were playing with it.  Boy is she coming a long way.  Course Ethel hid under the bed for 3 days!!!!  Didnt see her until today - Friday.

Lily is working on her quilt  - sewing the strips together

Here is Lily and her finished quilt.  Dont you just love the bright colors.  She did an absolutely awesome job.  She backed it with a solid hot pink material.

Here is a close up of Lily's fabric.  She picked it all out.  I did not give advice or help her choose.  All I did was write the check!!!  She has such a great eye for color.  She told me she wanted fabric with movement....now where does a 9 yr. old learn about fabric with "movement"?  She picked out the bold print and then picked out the other 3 to go with it. 

We also spent some time out in the shop playing with the Cricut.  We used the Sweet Treats cartridge and she made 2 sundaes.  Wish you could see them in real life so you could see all the sparkles and glitter.....looked good enough to eat.


Hello friends and family - WOW - can you believe that school starts on Monday!  Where has the summer gone.  Wasn't school just out.  Lily came out this week for the final summer visit.  We sewed while she was here.  You saw the great quilt she did already.  I mean - OMG - didn't she do an awesome job.  And I so love her color combinations.  Now Kitty wants to make a dress....think I will start her on a skirt first.  As everyone in Texas we are oh so praying for rain.  It is so dry here and now it is so scary....when will the water run out.  Areas around us are already running dry as are counties all over Texas.  We all need to pray for rain and for the people who are now going without water.  The birds here are ravenous about food and water.  I fill the bird bath once a day and sometimes I fill it a 2nd time.  Our little raccoon is very crafty these days.  Last Fri. nite - late -  I put out 7 pounds of bird seed in 3 feeders and on Sat. morning they were all empty.  Guess it was the raccoon who tipped the feeders enough so they dumped out all the food.  Then Tues. morning I went out to the back porch to feed Miss Kitty and the raccoon had ripped open the bag of seed and ate it and the seeds were all over every where....looked like a war zone.  Took me 30 min. to clean it all up!  Today I went and got more food, filled up the feeders and before I came in tonite I put them up - hopefully out of the raccoon's reach!  Ken had his final check up on his right eye - cataract surgery was a huge success and he has healed great.  So now we are going to schedule his left eye for sometime in Oct.  Then both eyes will be good.  Love to all of you.  Hug those you love.   Ken and Glynda  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment