Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hello Everyone!

I am making end of year Teacher gifts.  These are notebook/pencil cases.  I have made 14 but these are pics of just a few of them

More of the teacher gifts

Here is a view of the inside with the note pad and pencil.  I wanted to put pens in the case, but I could not find pens that are 5" long.  These are 5" long mechanical pencils.  They worked just perfect

This is my latest antique shopping find.  Its a drip-a-lator.  A very early version of the coffee maker.  You put coffee in a basket inside the pot and the metal part that shows is where the hot water goes.  The hot water drips down thru the grounds which then drips into the pot.....in other words....a non electric coffee maker.  It works really well.  It would have been the holy grail if it had been a Jewel Tea Ware drip-a- lator.  I havent found one that I can afford.  They are on Ebay - but not in my budget!

Here is Lily skating away at her 9th birthday party. 

Here is Madi at the party - she is such a beautiful young women.

Lily is all smiles - she was having such a good time 
Ah, sisters!   Making funny faces and "bunny ears".  They sure did ham it up for the camera

Well it is hard for me to believe that it is 3 weeks since I last posted.  I dont know where the time has gone.  It has been pretty quiet around here.  We went to Tyler this week to visit my parents and to visit with Ken's sister Margaret.  It was a good visit with both.  I got to go antiquing with mother and daddy....one of my favorite things to do.  They took me to a new place and I had so much fun.  I got the drip-a-lator coffee maker, a piece of Jewel Tea Ware and an enameled double boiler (had been looking for one for a while).  The antique shop they took me to is difinitely one I will return to!  They had a great selection and most items were reasonablely priced.  Thats always a good thing.  We have had 2 nice rains here.  Once a week ago on Thurs. and again on this Fri.  It was much needed here.  I will even have to mow because of it.  Thats a good thing.(I think!)  The only problem with the drought is that the bees have taken over  my hummingbird feeders.  They are looking for nectar and since there are no flowers for them to hit they have turned to my feeders.  I had to take them down since I cant sit on the porch anymore because of the bees and wasps.  Once I took down the feeders they went away.    Tomorrow (Monday) Ken and I celebrate our 29th anniversary.  I cant believe that 29 years have come and gone.  WOW!  Its been a wonderful journey.  Hope we have lots more.  Its also been a year since we started the long journey that ended with Ken's amputation.   Its not the end we had hoped for, but Ken's health is so much better once we got the infection out -  Well, thats all from here.  Love to all.  Remember to hug those you love.    Ken and Glynda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment